Dark Chocolate Cabernet Truffles
May 14, 2020
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsps Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 6 ozs semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine cream, vanilla extract, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir wine into the cream mixture and remove from heat.
- Stir semisweet chocolate into cream mixture until completely melted.
- Stir butter into mixture until incorporated.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a container, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture using a teaspoon or a melon baller and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder (or ground espresso) to coat.
- Place balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH
Stay connected with Cornerstone Cellars by joining our list and be informed of releases, events, tasting room offerings and exclusive offers.